Monday, April 14, 2008

Faith Pots

Lately I have been thinking a lot about Faith... I used to think that we needed to plead with the Lord in showing our faith. I think that I was wrong.. As of late, something has changed inside of me... I have come to learn that we are to EXPECT MIRACLES! If we desire something to happen we need do all we can do to get this something and then place it in the Lords hands. HE WILL BLESS US WITH OUR WANTS AND NEEDS.

Tonight for Family Home Evening we had a lesson on Faith. While we painted our teracotta pots we talked about how Faith was something we knew how something would happen, or, was true without having something tangible to back it up. Each of us talked about things we had faith in. After our pots dried we went outside and planted seeds in our pots. Slowly but surely our seeds will grow... that is, IF we continue to care for them... Faith without works is dead. We have done our part and will continue to care for them... It is now the Lords turn to provide the miracle of life! Come on little flowers brightnen our day!

Painting our {Faith Pots}

First we need dirt.....
Second we plant the seeds....

More Seeds
Give them water... and EXPECT the MIRACLE!!!!


Marc has FAITh that we were meant to be an Eternal Family Unit.

Kiera has FAITH that Joseph Smith saw Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.



Jordie has FAITH that we lived before we were born.

Isaac has FAITH that Heavenly Father is True.

Ammon has FAITH that Heavenly Father is real and that He told us to be nice to each other.

Noah has FAITH that someone will care for him when he cries.

5 comments:

Catherine said...

Love this! You are so good about having fun family night activities. We are trying to be better, but you are a great example to me, man. We just might have to copy your faith pots idea.

Holly said...

You are such a cute mom! I am going to have to start writing down all the ideas you give me for the future!

P3 said...

Such a great idea... I know what we are going to do for FHE next week!

Sam Ransom said...

That looks like fun! The pots turned out really great!! I can't wait for Sariah to be able to do stuff like that. Although I really like her at the age she is right now, so I'm in NO hurry for her to grow up!

Kristy said...

You are so creative! I love this idea!