Friday, October 9, 2009

12 August 2009

Little miss "Pinkie" has really put a twist into the busy life at the RitterB's. A few of my favorite things to do have been placed on the back burner. My daily blog entries have been simmering and stewing... Just waiting to be posted.
Winter would not be the same if we didn't have jars of salsa lining the shelves. Jordie is the perfect helper. She peels the skin off the tomatoes and prepares them to be chopped. Once everything is in the stock pot we take turns stirring. She keeps track of the time and make sure we are on top of things. All for perfect summer salsa in the darkness of winter!



8 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh yum! I need to have you teach me how to do that.

LA Law said...

You are so lucky to have such help! (It is nice when they are old enough to REALLY help.) What's your recipe?

McAtee Family said...

I see you had a little extra help as well. Isn't it nice to have a large helper? I love that Haley can actually do things with us now - sad though how she is growing up. When we do something grown-up and fun, I realize that she is no longer my little baby - it is harder and harder to stay in denial!!

pan x 8 said...

Oh my yum!! So I should be expecting a couple of jars in the mail? jp!! You are such a great person and great Mommy! I'd probably have chased my toddlers out of the kitchen. You are inspiring!!

Sam Ransom said...

Glad to see the annual salsa still got done! Speaking of back burners- I'm missing our craft days! I need to get some stuff done!

Nana said...

Looks like you have lots of little helpers there. Salsa looks good.

Catherine said...

Sooooo nice when the olders ones can help, and not only that -- but are HAPPY to help, without grumbling . . . That makes it fun for ALL

Denette said...

When I was canning the salsa my youngest was eating the tomatoes like apples. I have to remember I need extra just for eating while doing the canning.

I have missed your blog posts. I hope all is well with you.