Friday, December 19, 2008

Imagine this...

I peaceful night of sleep. No children in your bed. No children camped out on the the floor. NO BARF BUCKETS. No worries...
Tuesday night Isaac threw up a few times. We had a hard night with him. Up what seems like a million times. Wednesday he was still pretty yucky feeling. So we stayed home.
The nurse from school called me yesterday afternoon. "Ammon threw up and you need to come get him. He is really pale." I was not surprised... Isaac and Ammon are attached at the hip. Of course they are going to share germs. He threw up until about 11pm. Sometime around midnight Noah started the puking act. Babies and throw up are not my thing. I hate it... they give no warning. No time to get to the bathroom. We thought we had the kids all under control until Jordie started up. SHE HATES TO THROW UP. She cries and moans. She laments about the taste in her mouth. After a quick course in Barfing 101 she finally felt some relief. I called Marc-a-Roni this morning.. He lasted until 8am. No he is not home. He has to get a few things wrapped up before he can come home to wait out the bug...
Good news with all of this is that I did 4 yes count them 4 loads of laundry throughout out the night!

7 comments:

pan x 8 said...

I hate those nights, yet they come so often! On one hand - it's good to get it over with and when are you going to catch it... On the other hand - WHAT ARE WE SUPERWOMEN!?! That can handle stinky foreign regurgetated specimens flying all over unannounced and unwelcomed??? You rock girl! I'm sorry you had a terrible night, filled with clean laundry! Love ya!

Rob the Blog Ninja said...

We've been sick lately with Pink Eye and Head colds. I now feel like I have no right to whine and complain anymore. The entire family puking takes the cake. I hope you guys get better soon.

Sam Ransom said...

Oh that is just yucky!!! I can't believe everyone got it!! Way to go on the laundry- seriously I'm totally impressed!! I have trouble getting 1 load done...during the day... with a healthy baby!! If you need anything let me know!! A diet coke??

Catherine said...

ohhhh, man. That stinks! Hopefully, they'll get it all out of their systems before Christmas (and you won't get it!!!)

So sorry.

Amber said...

That is horrible! Nothing worse than everyone Barfing!! But, Glad that it is all over before Christmas! And nice job on the laundry!!

Amber said...

By the way, I thought about bringing you some apple butter for christmas...Thought you might be out...(hehehehe)

Christina said...

My goodness girl! Talk about having your hands full. Ugh! I so can't handle it when anyone throws up. Hope everyone is better by now!