Friday, June 27, 2008

I AM A ROCKSTAR


There are a million trillion things I coulda woulda change about myself. My hair is too thin...If I could just loose a million pounds and fit into a size -93 then I would feel so much better about my looks... The scar on my nose is so ugly... my ears are too pointy... I could go on and on right?!?!?
In the past few weeks something has change within my spirit... These things dont matter to me anymore... To be brutally honest.... I REALLY LIKE MYSELF... So for those of you out there reading this thinking... ARROGANT... go ahead and think that... But for my sake I will say it again... I REALLY LIKE MYSELF.. are there things I can change and improve on? Sure but for today here is a short list of things I think make me a ROCKSTAR
  • I am spiritual
  • I am a good mom
  • I love my husband deeply (Really is there much not to love?)
  • I can grow tomato plants
  • I am a really good friend
  • I know who I am and I am Not afraid to show others
  • I have a Utah accent that sounds out loud and clear when I say mountain
  • I can laugh at myself
  • I love to make lists
  • I sing well
  • I am a Returned Missionary
  • I have not killed of the plant start Val gave me... In fact I have helped it grow big and strong
  • I finish what I start
  • I am a good scrapbooker
  • I am crafty

My list could go on. In fact I may just keep adding to this list so that when I have a super duper bad day I can look back and know that I know that I am a daughter of God. That I am loved by others. But more important that I had a day where I publicly said with NO shame... I REALLY LIKE MYSELF.

For all my blogger peeps... and all the sneak peekers... take a moment today to like yourself.. Let me see it on your blogs!!!! If you are a sneaker... write it on a piece of paper and stick it to your fridge for all the world to see!!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kiera, you really ARE a rockstar!! I could add a ton more things to your list: You are always so upbeat and friendly, you are always serving others, you are so patient with things that would make me throw my hands in the air, I am so glad I get to be your friend because even though you probably have no idea, you are such a SHINING example to me!! Luv you!!!

Catherine said...

I think you're a ROCKSTAR too. You rock, sista!

Sam Ransom said...

I agree! I agree! I agree!! I totally think you are a rockstar!! I loved hanging out yesterday. We should do that again! You're the best. I'm going to go blog my rockstar list now!!

Christina said...

From what little I know about you so far, I think you are a rockstar too! And I really look forward to knowing you better.

What a great blog entry though! Remind me when I get back into town that I need to do this! I'm just barely getting to post about the trip.

Love that you are a list maker too! I am such a huge fan of lists!

The Wehrmeister's said...

I'm thinking that this would make me a groupie. Do I flash you now or something? Isn't that what groupies do?

Betsy said...

You forgot one thing on your list you are an awesome missionary.

mtritterbusch said...

I love you Rockstar! I especially love that Heavenly Father has blessed me to be able to share this life with you and to be sealed to you for all t&e.

Unknown said...

I like you too!! Thanks for making my mom's day and letting her hold Noah on sunday!

Gary Sticht said...

Rockstar is an understatement! I feel like a rockstar just because I know you!

Thanks for the reminder to me to like me!