Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Monday, September 29, 2008
Friday, September 26, 2008
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
For the past month I have formed a habit of sticking my finger in Noah's mouth in hope to find a tooth! Well my persistence has paid off! Last night I finally felt something bumpy and hard! I called Gramps...
Me: Noah has a tooth!
Gramps: OHHH.. where is it?
Me: On the bottom.
Gramps: On the side?
Me: No in front... Who grows a molar first?
Is he out of practice or what?
Monday, September 22, 2008
For those of you who are interested in a sneak peek of our photo shoot with Kristen check it out! We had so much fun and can not wait to see what she has up her sleeve! Thanks Kristen for coming cross the country just to shed a new light on our crew!
I know what you are thinking... me with a dumpster? It is not like we licked it!!! And yes the orange cones were NEW... like i would shove my kids head in a germ fest cone!
Sunday, September 21, 2008
But no matter how hard we try or how careful we are accidents happen. From each accident we are able to learn... I am sorry we had to learn with Noah's head! We love you Noah.
Thanks to the Liberty Hospital trauma team for taking Ah-mazing care of our special boy!
Friday, September 19, 2008
I found this "TAG" on Peck's blog... It thought it was super funny! So here I go..............
~The Name Game~
1. YOUR REAL NAME:Kiera
2. YOUR GANGSTA NAME (first 3 letters of real name plus izzle):Kieizzle
3. YOUR DETECTIVE NAME ( favorite color and animal): Brown Dog
4. YOUR SOAP OPERA NAME (middle name and current street): Ferguson 94th
5. YOUR STAR WARS NAME (first 3 letters of your last name, first 2 letters of your first name, first 3 letters of mom's maiden name):Rit ki Bat
6. YOUR SUPER HERO NAME (2nd favorite color and favorite drink):
Burn Orange Diet Coke
7. YOUR WITNESS PROTECTION NAME (mother's middle name and father's middle name):Rae Clyde
8. YOUR GOTH NAME (black and the name of one of your pets):
Black Mr. Jack-O-Lantern
9. YOUR ROCK STAR NAME (first pet & current car):Bunny Foo Foo Expedition
10. YOUR NASCAR NAME (the first names of your Grandfathers):Douglas Isaac
11. YOUR EXOTIC NAME (the name of your favorite perfume/cologne/scent, favorite candy):Patchouli Kit Kat
12. YOUR T.V. WEATHER/ANCHOR NAME (your 5th grade teacher's last name, a major city that starts with the same last letter): Brookes Boston
13. YOUR SPY NAME (your favorite season/holiday, flower):Fall Lily
14.YOUR CARTOON NAME (favorite fruit, article of clothing you're wearing right now +"ie" or "y"):Mango Track Suitie
15. YOUR HIPPIE NAME (what you ate for breakfast, your favorite tree): Cereal Pine
16. YOUR ROCK STAR TOUR NAME ("The" + your fave hobby/craft, fave weather element +"Tour") The Scrapbookin' Rain Tour
I found this post on my cousin's blog. Ok all my math-crazed friends... What is the answer?
*while walking thru a market on vacation, you notice a small stand selling cameras. A camera-and-case set is selling for $310. The seller tells you that the camera costs $300 more than the case itself and that the case costs the price of the set minus the cost of the camera. You decide you'd rather wait on buying a camera and opt to just buy the case alone. You hand the seller a $100 bill and see his eyes light up. Think fast now!
I've tried 10, 9 and 0. Those are NOT correct.
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
I feel a bit of "bloggers" block... There are things I want to write about and share but due to their sacred nature I feel bound. I have started post after post just to delete them... Today, I am grateful to have known Kerri Houston. I am humbled beyond belief to have been able help serve her in our last earthly act of love and kindness. I am ever so grateful for the experiences Our Heavenly Father has seen me fit to experience and grow from.
I am thankful to KNOW that there is life beyond the grave. That our relationship don't end at death.
Friday, September 12, 2008
This one is for my DEAR FRIEND CATHERINE!
My thoughts have been with you for a few days as I watch Hurricane Ike move closer to your family. As I read your blog this morning I was grateful that we have been counseled to have food and supplies set aside for just this thing. Glad you have your water barrels filled to the brim!
My thoughts have also loomed over Lakeisha and her little family. I have not mentioned her name before but this may be one of the most important women in our families lives. Lakeisha is Noah's birthmother. She and her 4 children live right in the path of this storm. My prayers are constant for her and her safety. She, unlike Catherine and her family, have not had the counsel from church leaders to prepare for distaster and times of trial. I have a constant tug at my heart hoping and praying she has water, food and shelter to weather out this storm.
So today you will find my heart full of prayers... Prayers of gratitude. Prayers of Concern. Prayers of Love. Prayers of Safety. May you all be protected!
Oh and Catherine... Enjoy Hawaii!