Friday, January 30, 2009

Friday, January 30, 2009
Birthday Boy

Dear Noah
I didn't know your momma and daddy yet when Jordie was born but I was there on both Isaac and Ammon's birth-day. I didn't get to meet you on your birth-day either but I did get to drive your very excited mommy to the airport that day so she could fly to be with you as fast as possible. I wish I had a video of that morning.
I got to be there when you came home....a sweet memory. You were soooo tiny and smelled so wonderful. I almost felt guilty being there as though I was crashing the sacred party at your house. Your brothers and sisters were so excited and each of them wanted to hold you. Although, I finally got my turn when Ammon decided your breath was stinky!
One of the things that I have loved about your adoption process is how you have become "community" baby. Usually while a mom is pregnant, only she experiences that miracle of a baby growing inside her..moving and kicking. Only she feels the growth and the change and the excitement building. I really believe that everyone has felt some measure of joy and anticipation in your arrival...and best of all, I get to do all the fun things with you that a naughty Aunt shouldn't do...like give you Diet Coke...shhh...don't tell mama.
The times that I've held you asleep in my arms have been some of the most peaceful moments of my life. A true connection of contentment through the veil. You are a gift, a special soul sent to your family. It's been such a joy to watch you grow. I especially love that now I can hold and play with you as you grow out of the the separation anxiety phase! Here you are playing with Lola through the glass. Happy Birthday Dear Noah. Thank you for letting me be your friend and love on you. You have put up with me rubbing your head and gooshing your cheeks. I simply can't resist.
Love, Auntie Cheryl

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love that birthday boy!